Friday, October 21, 2011

falling leaves (+fbff)



DSC_0619
DSC_0702
DSC_0591
DSC_0707
DSC_0630
DSC_0623
f21 blazer, necklace & belt, gap skinnies, garage sweater (SO old&worn)
boots - gift from my mother in law!


Halloween Friend Friday! And... a gorgeous fall setting for a photo shoot!

I've had my eye on this location for so long and I finally got the chance to take my camera/tripod there. Like I've said before, I have some guest posts lined up for this week, but I had to post these pictures for this week's FBFF--they are so perfect! Answers after the jump!

A big thanks to Megan for guest posting yesterday :)
Stay tuned for the others...now I'm off to enjoy the sun!
xo,
Courtney





1. Do you have plans for Halloween? What will you dress up as this year? 
I have no idea what I am dressing up as this year, but I am taking my little girl trick-or-treating for the first time! I took the night off work and everything... Maybe I'll find a costume this week. I don't have any specific plans, but if I see something I like, then I'll pick it up. If not, time to get creative!
2. Where do you go for costume and makeup inspiration? 
I don't usually spend a lot of time thinking about costumes. I've always, even as a child, just went with whatever was easiest the night of! Shame! I am planning a Halloween themed party for the little girl the night before Halloween, so I'm going to have to plan something... something subtle. Any ideas?!
3. What was the best costume you've ever donned?
The best costume I've ever donned probably came from my Mother's creativity when I was a child. I had a pretty awesome angel costume. I had some pictures of it on my facebook account but I deleted my old account! Again, shame! I should show you sometime... maybe I'll find it when I get back from vacation to show everyone.
4. What's the most creative costume you've ever seen? 
One of my high school friends dressed up as a robot--metallic silver head to toe and made his costume himself. It was amazing. The same friend also dressed up as "the road" at one point. All black with yellow lines... haha. He is pretty creative.
5. No holds barred if you could dress up as anything, what would it be? 
I would be Belle from Beauty and the Beast. Little story about this actually...

My voice teacher told me on Monday that I should have auditioned for the part! They are putting off a concert version of the show here. The problem was I had no idea auditions were being held... I was so upset. Honestly, Belle is a princess I could play! I have the long brown hair and the frame and the voice--the mixed sound they'd be looking for... and acting that part is an honor. And I've been practicing since I've been a child. When my father (who passed away when I was 8) would come home from work, he would greet me by finding the flowers that I hid away in anticipation to him coming home, and ask me "Hello princess, may I have this dance?"

And so we danced.

I would love to play that part someday. I suppose I can practice by donning the costume for Halloween ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment; I really appreciate it. I do my best to follow up on each one.
xo Courtney

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...