Wednesday, January 11, 2012

sing like no one is listening

Outfit snippets via Instagram:

work outfit: f21 shirt, cobalt blue pants from American Eagle, la posh style boots, sirens cardi
J Crew bracelet from @justpatie, and a pop of unexpected color with my necklace
Coming home from snapping photos for this post.
I was really happy with the way those photos turned out!
trying out some sheer stripes--like it or not?
my favorite slouchy hoodie has a debut on the blog... ;)


And as promised... I'm posting both videos today on a whim. I'll give a brief explanation as to why I love each song below.


A Cover of A Thousand Years by Christina Perri
This song has beautiful lyrics and the prettiest chords. That alone makes a good song. There isn't much to it. It's really easy to sing; there's nothing challenging in it, but I feel that the emotion behind it is real and it pulls me in... It's funny... I'm not much of a romantic when it comes to flowers and chocolates and surprises, but sit me down and blast a song that tugs on my heart, and I'll weep like a baby. Music makes me feel alive. Like I said, there isn't much to this song, but the quietness of it is what I find beautiful.




A Cover of Still Hurting from The Last Five Years by Jason Robert Brown
This song is a part of who I am in such a real way that I almost separate myself from it when I sing it. It takes a lot out of me to really sing this song, but I think I did a good job of it on this night... it's a shame I had to look like Anne of Green Gables, but I'm hoping you'll get distracted. I feel like this song makes a lot of sense to anyone who has ever had a broken heart, regardless if you have seen the musical or not--but I really recommend you do.


Thank you so much for listening: means the world to me!

Anyone notice my Tim Horton's mug? Can I make it anymore obvious that I am Canadian? Haha!
Have a good week everyone <3
Keep in touch with me over Twitter!
xo,
Courtney



In case you missed it...
menswear inspired outfit
monthly goals



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment; I really appreciate it. I do my best to follow up on each one.
xo Courtney

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...